Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home/chubbybrain/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php_/internal_link_building.php on line 103
Lawyers often get it tough in the comedy world. Something about their line of work just make them easy targets. Is it the exorbitant fees? Is it their willingness (eagerness?) to get involved in ? We here at chubby brain would like to propose an alternative reason, but first a little more about this post…
The below 12 resources are designed to save you money. Lawyers are expensive, and the legal issues surrounding start-ups are daunting. From launching the business to getting your first hires, there are a host of legal questions that need answers. These sites should help you get started and do as much as possible on your own before turning to an attorney. All of these were either created by, or in some sort of collaboration with, lawyers! And they are all 100% free. So you see folks, lawyers aren’t all bad.
Now that we’ve said at least one nice thing, our proposition as to why the legal field is constantly victim to the wrath of comedians… In fact, I think I’ll let the attorneys themselves answer this one. The following are extracts from a book called Disorder in the Court and are true transcripts from hearings. Enjoy:
ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None. ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He’s twenty, much like your IQ.
ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
WITNESS: No .
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.
But we digress… Now on to the actual reason why you came here, 12 usefull and completely free legal resources! Happy reading…
1. addresses a wide range of topics. These include how-to guides on issues such as getting permits to opinion pieces on best practices when it comes to legal services for small businesses to follow. Overall, this is a good place to start looking for the answer to your legal questions.
2. has a pretty great collection of resources. These are applicable to entrepreneurs who are just thinking about getting started as well as to those who are well underway.
3. is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to helping small businesses in the US. They offer a range services, all of them free, which might be of interest.
4. basically delivers what it promises. They have articles, interviews, FAQs, as well as live chat services that can give you guidance on a huge range of issues.
5. is a site that is mainly geared towards helping entrepreneurs find lawyers. However, their blogs and discussion boards do have some valuable activity, so it might be worth a look!
6. is an online legal service with a ton of free tools. Of course, some of them are also paid, but check it out, you might get exactly what you’re looking for free of charge.
7. has a few articles that might be of use. Most of them are opinion pieces, but some offer actionable guidance.
8. lays out quite a bit of legal advice in a pretty easy to understand manner.
9. is like a beginner’s guide to a small range of legal procedures. Not much detail, but it might get you started.
10. tries to cover all bases. Only a small part of this will be applicable to entrepreneurs (hopefully!), but overall the quality here is pretty good.
11. is free, but available only through application (and their criteria are pretty strict!). If you’re in the New Haven area, check them out to see if you qualify.
12. offers some pretty great free services. Despite the silly name, this site gives useful, no-BS information on a whole host of issues such as how to set up direct deposits, what to include in an employee contract, and much more. lacuenta is a powerful, new invoicing and business management application from have a peek at this hyperlink luxembourgian company beewee